We are excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. During this complimentary 30-45 minute consultation, we will discuss your or your child’s needs and address any questions you have regarding treatment options or financial planning. However, many patients require more than a clinical exam to determine the best course of treatment.
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite a treatment plan, we may reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment. This will last approximately 30 minutes and may be scheduled as a second visit.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Our goal is for our patients to leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific orthodontic needs, treatment options and a financial plan.